Daily Devotional for Tuesday June 5, 2012
Cannibalism is in the news and not from some remote jungle in Africa...but right here in the United States! Over the past month, there has been a rash of horrific stories of people literally eating other people. People are shocked and outraged, at these growing incidents of cannibalism. As terrible as they are, I don't know why people are so surprised. This is a culture that glorifies death through the media with the popular books, movies, and television programs about vampires, zombies, horrific killings, torture, and dismemberment. So why would people be so shocked that there are some literally living out in real life what they are being fed in the media?
There is a culture of death hanging over this nation like a black cloud! God created man never to die. Physical and spiritual death were never part of God's plan for man. However, it was man, exercising his God-given free will that introduced both forms of death into the human experience. Death is from the pits of hell itself, while life is from God. Satan comes to KILL, steal, and destroy and is synonymous with death. It is through faith in Jesus Christ that man is promised everlasting life and conquers death. Christ came to give life and life abundantly and He is synonymous with life.
Sadly, this has become a nation that embraces and glorifies death. Because we have separated ourselves so far from God, we no longer value life. Life is no longer viewed as special or treated as sacred. Many people ask me why I talk about abortion so often and the fact we slaughter over 4,000 innocent babies in this nation every 24 hours. It is because people have become numb and desensitized to death! I'll prove it to you. Let me ask you a very legitimate question. Answer honestly. Did you think at all today about the FACT that in the past 24 hours, apx 4,000 innocent babies were slaughtered in this nation? Did you?
We have simply come to live with the fact that we practice legalized infanticide and we don't even give it a second thought. People die in floods, fires, car wrecks hurricanes, tornadoes and we mourn. 3,000 innocent lives were lost on 9/11 and we consider that the greatest act of terror on our soil. Yet we don't even give a second thought to the fact that every 24 hours, another 4,000 innocent lives are destroyed! What kind of sick and perverted nation allows such a thing to happen?
We read in the Bible how Herod, after the birth of Jesus, sent his men to kill every baby under the age of two years. They literally ripped babies out of the arms of the mothers and killed them on the spot. Even though I have read that passage of Scripture 1,000 times, each time I read it in horror. What kind of monster would do such a thing to innocent babies? Yet, we are no better than Herod. President Obama, the figurehead of our nation, is another "Herod." He is the embodiment of this culture of death as he supports and advocates the killing of innocent babies. He will insure during his time in office that the practice of infanticide continues in this nation without any restrictions.
Children are born into this culture of death and brainwashed from birth that life has no meaning. Through the media that bombards them with images of violence and death, to the games they play, they are desensitized to death from birth. Just 20 minutes from the Liveprayer offices, a 9-year-old boy hung himself in his closet with a couple of belts after dinner. In Arizona, an 8-year-old shot and killed his father and his father's friend. This was not an accidental shooting, but a deliberate act of murder. Teen and child suicide, teens involved in premeditated murder, are both on the rise in this nation.
A short time ago in Florida, a 19-year-old was logged onto a video chat site and with thousands of people online, cheering him on, he overdosed and died, LIVE ON THE INTERNET! We are aghast and disturbed by this. But don't worry, there will be copycats killing themselves live on the Internet in the coming months, and pretty soon it won't be a big deal. We'll simply accept that people are committing suicide live on the Internet just like we accept and are used to people jumping off of high profile bridges to their death.
One of the "hot book series" for children, that was quickly been turned into movies that made hundreds of millions is the "Twighlight" series. Author Stephanie Meyer makes JK Rowling look like a choir director. Meyer is a member of the Mormon cult and a true tool satan is using in these last days to bring this culture of death to children. These are books that romanticize the world of vampires, which is a dark world of eternal death. The danger in these books, and now movies, are that they are geared to children, teens and young adults and glamorize the perverted world of vampires, which is nothing more than a world of death.
I love you and care about you so much. Please wake up!!! We not only live in, but we accept this culture of death that hangs over our nation. Jesus came to deliver us from death. Jesus won the victory over death. We do not have to accept this black cloud of death that hangs over our land. It is time Christians took our stand and loudly, boldly, visibly proclaimed LIFE! Children are growing up without any understanding of where life came from and how precious it is. So it is no wonder why they have embraced death to the extent they have.
The other day I shared with you 6 things you can start doing immediately to take your stand for Christ in these last days. I have answered the call to lead this charge to bring our nation back to God and Biblical values. We have the infrastructure and resources to do it through Liveprayer. I am asking you to say NO to this culture of death we are living in and say YES to life!!!
Don't underestimate how critical 15 minutes a day can be as you help me by following one, two, or all 6 of these action steps. People are saved daily, lives are impacted daily, because someone made the effort to share Liveprayer with that person. YOU CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE AND TAKE A REAL STAND FOR CHRIST EACH DAY!
1. Distribute Liveprayer Daily Devotional - I need people to take each day's Daily Devotional and forward it to everyone that you know. This is a great way to help spread God's Word on the Internet. Also, post it to various blogs and message boards that you frequent.
2. Liveprayer Daily Video Message - Tell everyone you can about the Daily Video Message. You can access it each day through the new Liveprayer app for Android phones or at this link: http://www.youtube.com/liveprayerdaily Each day I deal with the hot issues of the day and in people's lives, in a very personal 3-4 minute message.
3. Jonah Project - Tell everyone that you know to check out the Jonah Project. This is the vehicle God has given us to bring together true followers of Jesus Christ in these last days in one group that can make an incredible impact on the spiritual course of this nation and in millions of people's lives. There is a vision video on the Jonah Project homepage that clearly lays out how God can use this group in these last days. You can access the Jonah Project website by going to Liveprayer.com and clicking on the Jonah Project link
4. Liveprayer Church - We get incredible feedback from people who come to the services each week at the new Liveprayer Church. This is a great resource to share with people, especially those who currently don't have a church home or won't go to a regular church for whatever reason. Get the word out about this new online church to everyone that you know.
5. Gold for Souls- many people are struggling just to pay the bills each month and have no extra cash. However, they want to support God's work here at Liveprayer, and this is a great way to help. You can donate your old gold and jewelry and get a donation receipt for the fair market value of what you send in. It is a great way to help Liveprayer reach the lost and hurting with the hope and love of Jesus Christ!
6. Fundraising - Unlike other ministries, Liveprayer has ZERO paid fundraisers or development people. Again, I just never went the route all major ministries go of having a staff of people who do nothing but contact donors and go out to raise funds. All we do each day, all that we provide is made available for FREE to take God's Word into the marketplace and impact lives for Christ. Obviously it takes money to operate. I've simply shared our needs and walked by faith that God would provide each month. Raising money is a special gift. I am praying that those who have that special gift and want to serve God will help me in this area.
The fact is, there are lots of people who God has blessed and are giving to many different causes. Liveprayer is a highly visible ministry, a track record of over 13 years, and the fruit of literality tens of millions of changed lives as a testimony that this is fertile soil for people to give into. Politicians have literally thousands of regular people collecting money for his campaign. Normal people with no special skills or gifts in raising money. They simple believed in their cause and get people to give towards it. What better cause is there than saving souls?
I KNOW THERE ARE PEOPLE IN THE LIVEPRAYER FAMILY WHO BELIEVE IN GOD'S WORK HERE WHO COULD SUCCESSFULLY GET PEOPLE YOU KNOW TO GIVE TO HELP US DO ALL THAT WE DO EACH DAY FOR SO MANY AROUND THE WORLD.
Are you ready to take your stand for Christ??? Liveprayer is a life-changing vehicle God has been using for nearly 13 years now to impact literally tens of millions of lives all over the world. We have tapped into the great technology of our day to reach the world and individual lives with the Truth of God's Word and the hope and love of Jesus Christ. I can't do this alone. Now more than ever it is critical for each person who knows the Lord to step up and allow Him to use your life. I have given you 6 action steps. You can choose one, two, or all six depending on how the Lord is leading you.
I refuse to accept this culture of death we live in. I am asking you to take your stand for Christ and help me change this nation into a culture of LIFE, abundant now and everlasting through faith in Jesus Christ!!!
In His love and service, Your friend and brother in Christ,